Balancing Emotions When Selling Your Home…
Balancing emotions when selling your home… without losing your mind!
The day has come. You’ve decided to list and sell your home and embrace a new beginning. Now comes the emotional roller coaster ride that everyone goes through. You are not alone. Understanding the phases involved will help you in balancing emotions so that you can overcome the ties that bind you.
Phase 1: Excitement
Excitement starts the early wave of emotions when you’ve made the decision to sell and are getting ready for your next venture and new beginning. The stars are aligned.
Phase 2: Second Thoughts
Second thoughts are the silent partner of anxiety. Will my home sell? How long will it take? Is it priced right? Why don’t buyers see the value in my home? Why did that one sell and not mine? These thoughts will run through your mind on a daily basis. Don’t let them!!! Your home will sell to the buyer who is meant to have it. It’s that simple. Don’t overthink the process. Leave that to your realtor.
Phase 3: Buyer Feedback
Buyer feedback! The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, are opinions that are not about you, but the experience buyers had while viewing your house. Take note, make adjustments, and forge forward. Remember, not every home is for every buyer. Improve the showing experience for the next showing.
Phase 4: It’s worth more than that!
It’s worth more than that! You’re frustrated and annoyed the offer received was below list price. It’s a starting point to continue further discussion. Don’t get offended! Seize the opportunity of buyer interest.
Phase 5: Inspections, contracts and appraisal… OH MY!
Inspections, contracts and appraisal… OH MY! Calm heads will always prevail. You are only allowed to panic when I tell you to” is a rule to be followed. You can’t stress the unknown variables. They will balance out. Leave that to the team you hired.
Phase 6: Relief, excitement and melancholy…
Relief, excitement and melancholy all rolled into the closing day and accompanied by exhaustion. Not that it’s laborious, but emotional! Remember you started the process with the goal to get you where you need to be, and now that it’s finally here, it’s a win/win!
Expecting these emotions to surface will help you understand it’s not just happening to you! Limit stress factors with preparation and by hiring an experienced realtor to safeguard a smooth transaction in your home sale.
- 21 Stony Brook Drive – A Pine Island Gem - February 6, 2019
- 3 Eaglewood Vista Lane, Warwick, NY – Where luxury and spectacular views meet. - September 26, 2018
- A Very Special Home Awaits at 110 Ridge Road in Chester NY - September 19, 2018
- Jennifer DiCostanzo - May 16, 2018
- Balancing Emotions When Selling Your Home… - May 8, 2018
- Why You Should Get Pre-Qualified When Buying a Home - February 13, 2018
- Staging Your Home to Sell - January 9, 2018
- Plan your Day and Come Join Us on Sunday, April 30 from 1PM – 4PM @ 689 Lakes Road, Monroe, NY! - April 27, 2017
- Jennifer DiCostanzo Bio - March 9, 2017
- Warwick Real Estate … the Real Monopoly Game and How to Win - February 23, 2017