Why It Makes No Sense to Wait for Spring to Sell
The price of any item (including residential real estate) is determined by the theory of ‘supply and demand.’ If many people are looking to buy an item and the supply of that item is limited, the price of that item increases.
The supply of homes for sale dramatically increases every spring, according to the National Association of Realtors (NAR). As an example, here is what happened to housing inventory at the beginning of 2018:
Putting your home on the market now, rather than waiting for increased competition in the spring, might make a lot of sense.
Buyers in the market during the winter are truly motivated purchasers and they want to buy now. With limited inventory currently available in most markets, sellers are in a great position to negotiate.
Thinking about selling your home?
Find out what your home is worth, use our free and easy Home Value Estimator.
- How to Get a Better Perspective on Affordability - February 10, 2019
- Why It Makes No Sense to Wait for Spring to Sell - January 30, 2019
- How Does the Supply of Homes for Sale Impact Buyer Demand? - January 30, 2019
- The Best Time to List Your House? TODAY! - January 14, 2019
- How Much Has Your Home Increased in Value? - September 24, 2018
- Home Prices Have Appreciated 6.9% in 2018 - September 18, 2018
- Are Homebuyers Starting to Hit the ‘Pause’ Button? - September 16, 2018
- Charles Nagy and Theodore Van Laar win Second Quarter Sales Leader Award - August 6, 2018
- WHY HAVING A MENTOR CAN MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE - July 15, 2018
- Next Recession in 2020? What Will Be the Impact? - July 9, 2018