How Much Has Your Home Increased in Value?
Home values have risen dramatically over the last twelve months. In CoreLogic’s most recent Home Price Index Report, they revealed that national home prices have increased by 6.2% year-over-year.
CoreLogic broke down appreciation even further into four price ranges, giving us a more detailed view than if we had simply looked at the year-over-year increases in national median home price.
The chart below shows the four price ranges from the report, as well as each one’s year-over-year growth from July 2017 to July 2018 (the latest data available).
It is important to pay attention to how prices are changing in your local market. The location of your home is not the only factor which determines how much your home has appreciated over the course of the last year.
Lower-priced homes have appreciated at greater rates than homes at the upper ends of the spectrum due to demand from first-time home buyers and baby boomers looking to downsize.
If you are planning to list your home for sale in today’s market, let’s get together to go over exactly what’s going on in your area and your price range. Find out what your home’s value is today – click here.
- 2019 Buyer and Seller Guides - March 19, 2019
- 2019 Will Be a Great Year for Buyers AND Sellers - February 20, 2019
- How to Get a Better Perspective on Affordability - February 10, 2019
- Why It Makes No Sense to Wait for Spring to Sell - January 30, 2019
- How Does the Supply of Homes for Sale Impact Buyer Demand? - January 30, 2019
- The Best Time to List Your House? TODAY! - January 14, 2019
- How Much Has Your Home Increased in Value? - September 24, 2018
- Home Prices Have Appreciated 6.9% in 2018 - September 18, 2018
- Are Homebuyers Starting to Hit the ‘Pause’ Button? - September 16, 2018
- Charles Nagy and Theodore Van Laar win Second Quarter Sales Leader Award - August 6, 2018