The Housing Market Does Not Hibernate in Winter
The Housing Market Does Not Hibernate in Winter. Home sellers often opt to wait until spring to list their homes. The winter market is just as strong, however. This time of year is a great time to sell your home. Buyers who are out looking at homes in freezing temperatures are a different breed of buyer. Sellers also have an additional edge on the market this time of year; lesser inventory which brings more attention to their home. Buyers are not overwhelmed with too many choices when there is less inventory to choose from. Winter buyers are focused on the priorities that started their initial home search and are out looking with the need to buy with fewer distractions, finding a home is top priority.
Real Estate Inventory Is Fueled By Life Changes
Life circumstances change daily with the need to buy and sell real estate due to various reasons such as job relocation, getting married, divorced, up-sizing or downsizing. These are just a few of the circumstances that bring new buyers and sellers into the housing market every day, regardless of the market season. Which in turn brings new inventory and choices to the market.
The holidays and winter months showcase areas of the home not always considered during the spring/summer months. The size and layout of space for holiday decorating and entertaining, guest spaces, how well insulated and warm a home feels when temperatures dip below freezing, gain importance. Buyers visiting homes in winter will spend more time inside the home admiring the features and amenities offered. A wood burning or pellet stove warming the house can be seen as energy efficiency savings. Buyers can feel the warmth and coziness of a fire roaring in a fire place.
It’s A Win Win
You should take advantage of the market you’re about to enter, preparation is key regardless of the time of year. Winter sales play a vital role for the upcoming spring market. Winter house sales that close after the New Year are the newest comps for your neighborhood. These sales will be used for valuing homes in the upcoming spring market. And finally, the winter months can provide a win-win for home sellers who are serious about selling and buyers who are serious about buying as it’s the most advantageous time to buy real estate.
Best Time To Sell
I’m often asked when is the best time to sell my house? Best time to list your home is ONLY when you’re ready regardless of the market season. If you’re not emotionally ready to sell your house and prepared getting it show ready then it’s not the right time for you. You’ll know you’re ready when the pro’s of selling outweigh the cons regardless of the time of year. Working with a local broker like myself who knows the market and inventory is able to provide you with a wealth of information for a successful home sale transaction.
- 3 Eaglewood Vista Lane, Warwick, NY – Where luxury and spectacular views meet. - September 26, 2018
- A Very Special Home Awaits at 110 Ridge Road in Chester NY - September 19, 2018
- Jennifer DiCostanzo - May 16, 2018
- Balancing Emotions When Selling Your Home… - May 8, 2018
- Why You Should Get Pre-Qualified When Buying a Home - February 13, 2018
- Staging Your Home to Sell - January 9, 2018
- Plan your Day and Come Join Us on Sunday, April 30 from 1PM – 4PM @ 689 Lakes Road, Monroe, NY! - April 27, 2017
- Jennifer DiCostanzo Bio - March 9, 2017
- Warwick Real Estate … the Real Monopoly Game and How to Win - February 23, 2017
- Countryside Living with Flexible Floor Plan – 176 Wheeler Rd Florida NY - November 18, 2016