Buyer Demand Continues Outpacing the Supply of Homes for Sale
The price of any item is determined by the supply of that item, as well as the market demand. The National Association of REALTORS (NAR) surveys “over 50,000 real estate practitioners about their expectations for home sales, prices and market conditions” for their monthly REALTORS Confidence Index.
Their latest edition sheds some light on the relationship between Seller Traffic (supply) and Buyer Traffic (demand).
The map below was created after asking the question: “How would you rate buyer traffic in your area?”
The darker the blue, the stronger the demand for homes in that area. Only three states had a ‘stable’ demand level.
The index also asked: “How would you rate seller traffic in your area?”
As you can see from the map below, 21 states report a ‘weak’ sellers traffic, 25 states report a ‘stable’ sellers traffic, only 4 states and DC report a ‘strong’ sellers traffic. Meaning there are far fewer homes on the market than what is needed to satisfy the buyers who are out looking for their dream homes.
Looking at the maps above, it is not hard to see why prices are appreciating in many areasof the country. Until the supply of homes for sale starts to meet the buyer demand, prices will continue to increase. If you are debating listing your home for sale, let’s get together to help you capitalize on the demand in the market now!
- 712,000 Homes in the US Regained Equity in the Past 12 Months! - January 16, 2018
- Thinking of Selling? Now is the Perfect Time - January 16, 2018
- Sussex County Real Estate – October 2017 Market Review - January 15, 2018
- Sussex County Real Estate – November 2017 Market Review - January 15, 2018
- Orange County Real Estate – October 2017 Market Review - January 15, 2018
- Orange County Real Estate – November 2017 Market Review - January 15, 2018
- Tax Reform & Housing: A Reference Guide - January 4, 2018
- Home Prices Up 6.54% Across the Country! [INFOGRAPHIC] - December 19, 2017
- Before You Make an Offer, Here Are 4 Tips for Success! - December 13, 2017
- The Real Reason Home Prices are Increasing - December 5, 2017